Friday, March 09, 2007

Actress Sridevi planning for a come back to Bollywood


Sridevi Kapoor, 44, the South Indian actress who was popular in both Tamil and Hindi films, will be making her Bollywood comeback, reported TheTimes of India.

The actress, a mother of two, was last seen in in the 2005 movie Meri Biwi Ka Jawab Nahin (My Wife Will Not Answer), as well as some TV work.


Fellow veteran Madhuri Dixit had made her return to the big screen earlier this year.

To mark her return, Sridevi recorded a dance segment for the 52nd Filmfare Awards recently.

She told The Times: 'I love the variety of films that are being made these days and there are so many new directors I'd like to workwith.'

Two big Bollywood production companies are reportedly planning projects to exploit her star power.

She said: 'It's true there have been offers. In fact, they never stopped.

'But I've been working so long, it has to be something that really excites me (and) coaxes me out of home.

'So far, I've just been happy looking after my husband and twodaughters.'

Sridevi's producer husband, Boney Kapoor, is also planning a project for her, which he described as a sort of a 'Taj Mahal for his Mumtaz'.

Boney was referring to the famous monument of love in Agra, built by the 15th century Mughal Emperor Shah Jahan for his wife, Mumtaz Mahal.

Said Boney: 'Yes, I am certainly planning something with Sridevi.

'But her comeback requires a lot of care. At this stage, she can't do a film just for the heck of it.'

No comments: